When you were younger and running the rat-race called Life, every week was measured in terms of what got done against what needed to get done. Every day from Sunday to Monday was planned. It’s not surprising you’d wake up in December and wonder where the year went.
Everything was a blur!
But now, it doesn’t have to be that way. You raised the family… cultivated a network… settled a homestead… launched or maybe relaunched your career. Where you are today is a gift! It’s time to reap the rewards of your investments.
It’s time to embrace Simplicity!
Positive Aging isn’t only about loving yourself as you are. It’s also about loving yourself where you are today. Embracing simplicity allows you to do just that.
Simplicity is about engaging, with mindfulness, to evaluate what’s really important to you. To identify those ideals, circumstances, purposes, and people who bring value… who truly move you forward. Embracing mindfulness as the gateway helps you to remove the clutter and distraction in your mind, soul, and body. What remains are the essentials for Simplicity and real Positive Aging.
There are many benefits for embracing simplicity… here are just a few:
“You make room for your dreams. Your dreams need a place to foster and be nurtured. By removing all the junk that doesn’t serve you well, you make room for dreams to come alive.”
“You start living in real time. When consumed with non-essential activities, you spend your days and weeks ‘checking boxes’ on the to-do list. Throw out that list and focus on the essentials. Let life happen on its terms and enjoy the journey.”
“You have peace, joy and freedom. When you remove the things that just don’t matter - the bad relationships, the mean words that rattle over and over again in your head, the mentally exhausting stuff - when you free yourself from the shackles of a complex life… you are free to live life to the fullest.”
Embracing simplicity sets off a ripple effect across your entire spectrum. The essential friends and family begin to experience your aurora. You know the saying “misery loves company”? Well, the same is true for peace and happiness. It’s contagious!
● Embrace meditation. This is the gateway to mindfulness. An easy technique and a foundation for most meditation is Focused Breathing. Here’s how it works:
Sit in a comfortable position. One breath at a time, bring your focus to your breathing. As you inhale and exhale - Notice the flow of air as it travels through your body and notice how your body reacts to it. Focus on each breath… as you inhale the breath flows through the nostrils… through the body to your lungs… and your stomach expands. As you exhale, focus on the breath as it leaves your lungs… flows through your body and exits through your mouth.
Keep your focus light but controlled. Have awareness that you are in the present moment, and you are focused on your breathing.
● Keep a journal. Reflection is a powerful tool for bringing clarity and focus to your world. Writing your thoughts down gives you the opportunity to track your transformation over time. Identify what brought value versus what didn’t. What moments were cherished? What were you grateful for? WHO were you grateful for? What gifts can you leave behind for the next person?
● Declutter it. This is your journey. In your own time, start to move away from the clutter of your previous life. This clutter includes the obvious stuff you hold in your closets, drawers, attic and basement. But it also means the mental and emotional clutter you carry with you every day. When you’re ready - write it down on paper and burn it. As the flames take hold of the paper… set it all free.
● Just “skip it”. The very essence of simplicity is that you aren’t doing all the crazy rat-race anymore. Be okay with “missing out” on something you used to do. This is what makes room in your life for all the good stuff.
● Share your journey. It will start slowly and gradually pick up momentum as you move from the life controlled circumstances to the ones controlled by you. As loved ones in your life take notice, be courageous and share your journey. Don’t hide from it. Your story may be just what someone needs to hear to have their own AHA moment.
It’s your time to live your best life… let Simplicity be your guide.
Cheers to Positive Aging!
CHECK OUT OUR MOST POPULAR CONTENT
5 Tips For Glowing Skin Over 50.
Beauty is Timeless... Not Flawless!
3 Ways To Embrace Aging.
5 Tips For Smooth Lips.
5 Tips For Living A 50+ And Fabulous Life!
3 Easy Steps for a Fresh Faced Look at Any Age.
10 Ways to DIY Your Spa Day at Home.
8 Meditation Tips You Can Use Right Now.
Join CLUB VIBRIANCE for new videos, discount codes, and more!